Lamb Pilaf is a delicious Middle Eastern rice dish that’s perfect for a family dinner .
1 large onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
6 cardamom pods, crushed
2 tsp turmeric
1 cinnamon stick
500g diced lamb
500g Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice
800ml lamb stock
4 chopped tomatoes
8 dried apricots
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped coriander
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the oil and onion and cook gently until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, cloves, cardamom, turmeric, and cinnamon stick and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and fry until browned all over.
- Add the rice and stir well to coat all the grains in all the spices.
- Add the lamb stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 12 minutes with the heat on, until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is cooked.
- When the rice is ready, add the chopped tomatoes, raisins, apricots and herbs.
- Serve with natural yoghurt.
Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice
Kohinoor Platinum Basmati Rice from the valleys of Himalaya has a subtle sweet flavour and divine nutty aroma, making it the perfect partner for all Special Occasions