Spicy Lamb Madras and Coconut Rice Recipe
If you love spicy Indian food, this lamb madras is the perfect recipe for you. Pairing the rich sauce with fresh coconut rice creates a balanced taste sensation.
600g diced lamb
1 packet Kohinoor Madras Cooking Sauce
2 chopped dried chillis
1 tsp mustard seeds
Chopped coriander for garnish
200g Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice
4 tsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp oil
300ml boiling water
100ml coconut milk
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes before cooking
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried chilli and lamb. Sautee until the lamb is browned
- Add the Kohinoor Madras Cooking Sauce and simmer until the rice is ready.
- Heat the oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan and add the desiccated coconut. Sautee until the coconut is lightly toasted
- Drain the rice and add to the pan with salt, boiling water, and coconut milk.
- Cook on a medium heat until all the water is absorbed and holes form on the surface of the rice
- Place a kitchen towel on the rice and cover with a lid and reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
- Separate the rice with a fork to make it fluffy
- Serve the madras and coconut rice together with fresh coriander